Tuesday, September 8

RKCR/Y&R Local



I love this little experiment!
Camden retailers get: free branding/advertising/packaging advice.
RK gets: the satisfaction of giving something back to the community, great PR and a crash course on different retailers + their biz probs.
A win-win situation.

Being as nosey as I am, I had to go and check it out by myself. I went both on Thurs and Friday (exhibition).
Work that I liked:
- Camden Cab Co (pic of the nasty side of Camden (puke, dark alleys, etc) with the copy "need to get out of camden?")
- a soap shop (who makes cake shaped soaps): a picture of a woman with foamed mouth (deadly delicious and a spoon inside the forbidden sign, or something like that).
There were some interesting people in the exhibition (including some tourists). Somehow, I ended up presenting the work to them in Spanish and nobody from RK stopped me (either they didn´t realise or maybe they did and thought i was weird). Anyways, it was fun.

Here´s the link to their blog:
http://community.brandrepublic.com/blogs/rkcr_local/default.aspx